About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Friday, May 16, 2008

A very rainy day...with the Wiggles.

So I made it this week with 2 rainy days, shut inside the house with a very active little boy. I made it! Monday was very hard, Dylan was holding onto the door knob, feet dangling, trying to dive into the swamp that used to be our backyard. He was a cranky little mess of a boy ALL DAY. We played ball on the stairs for like 24 hours or something. TIme was standing still. My 13 month old son can go up and down the stairs with no help. Yes he is active.

So today I was very afraid because it was constant downpours all day. I mean how much ball on the stairs can one mom take? But today I had a Wiggles tape. I have to say I was very adamant that the Wiggles would NEVER, EVER, be seen by Dylan...but it happened, he fell in love with the freakish foursome, and I caved in. SO we dance to the wiggles, I analyse the Wiggles. With songs like "Blow me down" and "Porcupine Pie", and "Tie me Kangaroo Down", how could I not? Actually Chris and I stared kicking and skipping tonight to the tape and Dylan ran out of the room, apparently we frightened him with our Wiggle-like moves. Please pray for sun tomorrow.

Did I mention that Dylan eats everything...

4 comments:

mam said...

That's so funny; I expected the lettuce to go the way of the Weimeriner. You've got the Wiggles, we've got Yo Gabba Gabba...what won't we do to amuse a bored whiny child?

Karen said...

Glad to see that we are not the only ones with an ACTIVE boy! He cannot sit still! Dylan looks GREAT! I will have to try salad with Christopher.

Anonymous said...

You caved! But it was a rainy day and how could you not?

We have an active one here as well. It is the age.

Anonymous said...

Aww! He is so cute!