About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Garden Treasures





"I Did not plant you, True. But when The season is done - When the alternate Prayers for sun And for rain Are counted- When the pain Of weeding And the pride Of watching Are through-

Then I will hold you High, A shining sheaf Above the thousand Seeds grown wild.

Not my planting, But by heaven My harvest - My own child."
(unsure of author)

When I think about the current situation of international adoption I feel so sad. I look st these faces and I cannot imagine life without them. More than worth the waiting, the endless paperwork, all the sleepless nights... I count my blessings. I feel for all the PAP's waiting for their child to love. The current wait for a child from China is years, Vietnam is most likely going to stop international adoption on Sept 1st. What would I do if faced with this situation years ago? All I know is I would NOT be where I am now. Every choice we have made in our lives has been for these kids. Every choice we did made for them has given us love, laughter and joy beyond belief.
Thank you Emily, Claire and Dylan for being born and being my world.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel bad about the adoption situation as well.

Your three look beautiful in these pics.