About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Monday, April 6, 2009

Underwear?????


Mr Dylan has been very interested in pee pee on the potty. Requesting to go many times during the day, no luck but close. So yesterday while recovering from major surgery I did what any mother would do, went to target to buy a potty, a potty insert, pull ups, a step stool, and every kind of big boy underwear I could find. 85 dollars later we are home. It is 70 degrees and sunny outside. So I stripped Dylan down to his shirt and shoes (this worked like a charm for the girls you see. They did not like pee pee dribbling down their legs and caught on quick).

So there is Dylan running free in the back yard as if having no pants or diaper was the key to eternal bliss. Running WILD! Swinging from the bars going down the slide, skipping, chirping, you get the picture. Peed all over the patio, and completely unphased by what came out of his body. Okay, so now I have a time frame. I think we can offer the potty every 30 minutes. So we move inside, because my husband finds a bloodly mess of a tick on my neck. My husband pulls the disgusting thing off my neck, and we look for naked Dylan. At this point I put Thomas the Tank underwear on him, knowing that once he feels the wet underwear he will make the connection. 5 minutes later he returns with loaded underwear. A double header.

Sometime after diner we are putting away the toys and discover what Dylan thinks of potty training. All four corner of the living room were soaked, and we found a turd we thought came out of our 75 pound dog on the floor by the train table. It was not the dog. Way to go Dylan! Maybe it was the drugs I've been taking for pain that made potty training seem like such a great idea, but I am sticking to diapers for a little while longer.


Dylan leading the war on underwear!


Underwear does have its proper place

6 comments:

Bobby said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. I'm glad you're not one of those parents who likes to video tape everything ; 0

Anonymous said...

That story cracked me up.
I think we are waiting until much closer to 3 years. We have a potty, but Zubin shows very little interest in the thing.

Jen said...

Isn't it interesting the ideas you have after surgery? I had a abdominal hyster 6 weeks ago and I decided in the middle of it all that I would paint the bathroom (while taking care of 2 two year olds??????)
Feel better soon!

Karey said...

This totally cracked me up! I hope you are healing well...(minus the shopping and cleaning up the floors-LOL).

Catherine said...

He is way too cute to train:)

erin said...

If I may leave a little side note. In my line of work I've potty trained about 100 kids. Girls hate being dirty or wet. Boys couldn't give a rats ass and will just sit in whatever they can come up with. Its foreshadowing for the future! Its always fun to potty train boys.