About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Monday, December 3, 2007

Goodbye my Molly 1994-2007





A few weeks ago our beloved little corgi Molly died. She was a great dog for almost 13 years. She was all love, she never bit or hurt anyone. She was our "Supervisor", making sure everthing was okay. Always in the room watching, herding, and always looking for food. Food was the best thing in the world for her, She was vomiting everything she ate for the last 2 weeks, but still ate! Poor thing, I made her pasta and ground chicken. At least I know she had good food in her last few days.

She saw me bring 3 children home and loved them all like her little puppies. She especially loved kids because they usually had food, which she could easily reach, I never had a crumb in my kitchen because she could suck down food better than the most expensive vaccum cleaner! She was a professional eater, and that is a quality dear to my heart.

Just as I reached the painful decision to help her end her suffering, she gave me one last gift of love. She died peacefully in her sleep. She knew I could not bear to put her to sleep, Thank you Molly for being such a kind sweet dog, our buddy, our little corgi. We miss you and know you will wait for us in heaven. I still expect to see you at the door when I come home, wagging you tail!

6 comments:

4D said...

I am so sorry for your loss.

My deepest sympathies.

Bobby said...

As a dog lover I feel for you. God made them perfect in every way, but for a short life. They are the best companions. Several years ago when we lost Toby I didn’t think Sandra would ever get over his loss. Even recently, November 17th on what would have been his 19 birthday we mourned him. Like our beautiful children, they are gifts from God to be enjoyed every moment you have them. Sandra and I are very sorry for your loss.

mam said...

So sorry -- thinking of you. It truly is a great gift when they die on their own terms. What a sweet girl.

Cari said...

So sorry for your loss. I lost my cat, Tyler, last year, after 16 years. It's hard to lose them. She sounds very special!

cari

Carissa said...

I am so sorry for your loss, I know that losing a pet can be hard even if it is the best thing.

Anonymous said...

i am so sorry hun.