About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Good Education Starts at Home

So the other day, I am sitting on the kitchen floor playing with Dylan and his blocks, and I say to Dylan, "Mommy has to go pee pee!" He looks at me, completely a man on a mission, and skip/runs to the bathroom singing " Pee pee pee pee pee peeeeeeee!!!" in quite a nice rhythm. I round the hallway corner and find him gallantly holding open the bathroom door for me. I am thinking how nice, when he says, "Dump???" And I reply, "No, just pee pee". I was crying, I was laughing so hard!

We spend our days grooving through the hours, hopping like bunnies, tweeting like birdies and using our hands to make our elephant trunks. We crawl around like puppies, hiss like snakes and pound our chests like gorillas. It is a great diversion to laundry, dinner and algebra homework (I am clueless). Sorry, I could not clean the bathrooms today because I was a cat, and cats don't clean. Food shopping??? I am a horsey, horsey's do not drive. TO further prove the point that I have lost my mind I drove to work (alone), with the Wonder Pets singing save the Clam and Tickle the Whale. I hate getting these songs stuck in my head. All day long I am (in my head) singing Save the Baby Clam!!!!

Anyway, has anyone out there read The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein? I finished it in 2 nights and was weeping from the start. I love a good old dog story, and not since Marley and Me have I cherished a book like this. It is a bittersweet tale about a man's life told by his dog Enzo.

Thank you everyone for all the birthday greetings! Below are my 3 guys. My husband really looks much older than he really, really, is. He looks good for almost 47. almost 37??? Whatever.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am a big scary lion, rrrrrrr!

Your three men seem to be various shades of coffee. I love how they blend together like that.

Catherine said...

Try 17!!!! He looks way too young but then, so do you!!!!

Bobby said...

Try having the "Super Readers" song in your head all day! That was yesterday. On Tuesday it was Clifford the big red dog! Yes we watch too much PBS.