About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday my little man.



Dylan-Mommy just wanted you to know how much the entire family loves you. You are 2 years old today and make our worlds a better place.

It is hard to believe that 2 years ago this sweet little boy was born across the world in Vietnam to a young mother that made a painful choice, that placed him in are arms a short time after that. I am beyond grateful whatever fate my be, Dylan is here with us. We cherish him and love him intensely. I think about the tears we shared as she placed him in my arms, and how I left the building, my heart exploding with rapture, and her heart, aching...devoid of joy. So hard to comprehend but I realize the blessing in this beautiful child I was given and love him. Just love him. I love him all the time.

Dylan always is talking, babbling jibberish, some words we know. I love our daily conversations. Very simple, but so sweet. He runs over to tell me the color of everything special. A yellow ball will rock he world and we can dicuss it length for 45 minutes. Trains and trucks thrill him like Christmas morning. Give this kid a shovel and a dirt pile and he is set for hours. Ask him to go for a walk and he bounds to the door rearing to go, and can go and go for hours. The playground? Wow! Mention the words and he is singing and skipping, you pull up in the care and he giggles and clapps his hands! I love being outside, and am so happy to share the world with him.

He is also gentle and sweet. He is very loved my 3 strong women, 1 great mushy Dad, and a very excited dog.


I love you Dylan. Happy Birthday my darling son.




4 comments:

Bobby said...

Now only Eila, and all our wonderful children will all be 2. Like you said – 2 years ago a mother made a painful choice, one that none of us would ever want to face. But a choice that offered a better life for a little helpless baby. What she didn’t know was the way her decision would also improve our lives. You’ve been blessed 3 times by mother’s only looking for a better life for their child. If they only knew how much better they made your life! Happy Birthday little guy, you have a great mom.

mam said...

I love Bailey getting his licks in too in that first photo. Happy birthday, all!

Anonymous said...

Zubin and I send you a very happy birthday kiddo. Zubin is on my lap right now and loves the pictures.

Dawn said...

~*~*~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY ~*~*~