About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Monday, March 16, 2009

My little Picasso





Wow, I think to myself. Dylan is being so good, playing by himself while I was loading the dishwasher and cleaning up the kitchen. I even paused to read some of the newspaper and savor my morning tea while it was still hot. Then I hear it. What was that sound, It sounded like...drawing on the plaster walls with...a pencil??? I was right. Dylan decided we needed a mural in our center hall. Thanks Dylan, that was great. I love it and was planning on scribbling on the freshly painted wall with pencil myself, but you saved me the trouble! Awesome! Oh well. We had to touch up the paint anyway, and no big deal, nothing a good roller would not cover. By the way, if you have not tried it yet, get Ben Moore, Aura paint. 1 coat covers and it is wonderful paint to work with. More expensive but you use less and finish in half the time.

My sweet little artist, tired himself out. Creative energy is just so draining.

4 comments:

Bobby said...

Being a new parent, it’s amazing how quickly you train yourself to recognize what is a “good quiet” and “NOT good quiet”. It makes it very hard to enjoy the “ambiguous quiet” times. I know you are a very busy person and don’t always have time to update the blog, but it is so nice to see new pictures of Dylan. Cute cute cute sleeping picture. Makes it very hard to be mad at them when they are so darn cute!

mam said...

I assume you're all over the amazing crayola washable crayons and markers, though -- they really do come right off walls (and floors and clothes and dogs and skin...).

M

Anonymous said...

Oh No Mr. Bill!
That is cute, though.

Dawn said...

Glad to hear from you, but sorry it was for such a memorable moment!! Glad you took it in stride!!