About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Random Gifts

What weighs as much as 15 bricks, and can fill up one suitcase with a single load?
Orphanage gifts that I choose!
We are feeling a little lucky, somewhat comfortable in the fact that we may be going to Vietnam sooner than later. So with that in mind we thought we should start getting the extras. It is custom for people to show their appreciation to others by giving them a token gift. Like party favors and goody bags.

There are lists of people that the agency tells you that you need to acknowledge. I would not want to leave anyone out, so I started to think about the 20 women that take care of the babies. I really wanted to give them something special but with 20 gifts to buy, what? I hit the mall running. At Victorias Secret I see this huge 75% off sign plastered on every window, floor and store wall. I think, they sell lotions and soap, they are having a sale, lets go look.

All I can say, is if you ever want to bring sexy back, that would be the place to do it. Did you know you can get a sexy glow by just using their soap? Where have i been all these years! Apparently even the plain old vanilla body butter has amazing tantric qualities. If that is not enough you can get a sexy body, or and EXTREMELY SEXY BODY, based on the types of lotions that you choose! All of which are 75% off. Funny how a store could change yor life! Oh, and they have edible body frosting on sale as well....Can you imagine if I took crazy pills and brought body icing and red hot smokin thongs, 20 of them, all on sale...put them in litle pink bags, in my suitcase, on the plane and all the way over to....

Alas I came to my senses, marched over to bath and body works. A comfort zone of girly soaps and lotions. I could spent an hour in that store smelling everything. I love to indulge in simple scents, that clean pampered feeling you get when you smell good and all is well with the world. I wish I could do more for these women who care for our children, who give them things I cannot. Things like first baths, first bottles, first kisses and hugs. It must be quite a demanding job, and they are very special to me. They are nurturing and loving my precious child, as women before them have loved my beautiful daughters.

Sure a token gift is nice, but I want to think on a larger scale. I guess what I can give, and what we all together can do, is giving freely to others. So my fellow bloggers and readers lets give ourselves a gift today and everyday. (no, not smoking hot thongs silly!) Pass along simple random acts of kindness to everyone's sons and daughter's. Small steps, but that is how we learn to walk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see you bring tanning products as gifts. That would crack me up. Promise I can take a picture if you do!