About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Saturday, July 14, 2007

Waiting...505...Graduate Level.

There are chairs made just for waiting...

Kittens wait as well, frequently for high fives.....

...dogs being very loyal are the best at waiting. They convey a a sadness in their eyes (hence the phrase sad puppy dog eyes). Everyone instantly connects with this look of forlornness. It does not work for me. Dogs can also hold large objects in their mouth, and it really compliments them. I just look silly.

Men with beards can wait as well, for what? My guess is chewing tobacco, or whiskey.

Birds prefer to wait on wires, in large groups. Tip: don't wait under the birds.

Mail. Post office, fed ex, UPS, email, whatever. This is a very difficult thing to wait for.

Apple I phone is a very trendy item to wait for. Not in my top 10, but they look pretty cool.

If you have not guessed by now, I am loosing my mind waiting for a @#$!%!* TRAVEL DATE. Some days are better than others, but I think very soon I may just explode. I am sick, fed up, had enough, tired of keeping busy, had plenty of diversions, sore armed from cleaning. Argh, I cannot believe I am saying this, but I am shopped out, emailed out, almost blogged out. In the past 10 weeks I have ran over 250 miles trying to be positive. I am stamping my feet like a baby, and it feels just right. Can anyone get me a travel date, can I buy one on ebay?

I have a fever, and the only cure for me is A TRAVEL DATE!

What are you waiting for?

5 comments:

mam said...

Funny post, although I know the waiting seems anything but funny. We waited 7 months betweeen referral and travel, and while parts of it were fine, some of it made me downright homicidal. I empathize. And was the last bit a Saturday Night Live cowbell reference? If so -- nice! If not, it still made me think of it and smile, so nice too!

Anonymous said...

You and me both sister!

Kathy said...

I agree -- it is crazymaking! I got my referral March 5 and was logged in March 28 and am STILL waiting. Just heard this week it won't be end of July, maybe end of August! Hang in there!

christine said...

Hi Charisa,
Hang in there!!!!!!!!!!...I feel your pain.
Christine

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 said...

Charisa,
I've been using the "hold my breath until someone notices" technique! Strangely, it's not too successful through email as nobody at the agency seems to notice and give me the answers I want.
I can't recommend it.
Patty