About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Can you say freedom!!!

FREEDOM!!! I just took my house off the market. Every weekend since March we have not been at home. We have been 2 kids, 2 dogs and a car. 3 months is a very long time keeping the place spotless, dropping the price. Watching others sell. This house was in move in condition. New everything. Kitchen, bathrooms, floors, windows, painting etc. A really soild house that was not marketed well, because it only had 3 bedrooms.

Now that I told the realtor it is off the market, everyone is calling, saying they have THE buyer, give it more time, June is when the market picks ups.Well, I heard all that 3 months ago, and have done everything and think now it would be easier to just add on. I was sick of being out of the house for hours with no shows, 9am showing, 8pm weekday showings, last minute showings. Can someone please tell me how other people do it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! We had to sell in DC last year and it was brutal. Funny thing was, after 4 months on the market and very little apparent interest, we contacted our realtor and told them we needed to make a change and planned on re-listing under a new one. Wouldn't ya know, they called us back 3 days later and said they had a contract for ASKING price?! What the heck?? Anyway, we were just happy to sell and have that off our hands. Good luck, it's a nightmare no matter how you go about it.

Anonymous said...

It is weird how the tide can shift like that. We may sell next summer. It makes me very nervous.

S. said...

Your house is beautiful! The last house we sold went on the market the day we went to Ireland for 3 weeks and we were very lucky it sold while we were gone. I can't imagine keeping a house ready to show with a child at home.