About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

2 month old baby boy night


Tonight at work I took care of 3 little babies that were all born within 2 days form my little Dylan. I wondered if he was their size, was he doing the same things, would the clothes I bought fit him in whenever it is we travel? It was really hard and luckily the moms let me hold and fuss over their sons. Fortunately only one baby was sick enough to be admitted, and even then it was pretty mild bronchiolitis. To see these little creatures and know that I have one waiting for me in Vietnam leaves me feeling lonely. At 2 months old they are starting to really fluff up. I mean these guys were chunks! The level of alertness was really cute, the ways their hands and feet groove when they are being fed. One of the moms learned that I had a son in VN the same age as hers, and she said to me, " How can you stand it, they are so cute right now I would hate to miss out on a minute of his life!" I love this woman because she validated my feelings. She read my mind. It is not like I dwell on what I am missing (I just dwell on travel dates), but to have someone say outloud what you are feeling is really a great moment.

This is what I do when I come home from work at 1 am. I have a glass of wine, I play with the dog, look at my son's picture for the 1000th time, pose the dog, (the lump next to the dog is a snoring- sleepng -like- a- dead-man- DH). I love this picture, in fact I think it is my fav, I'll have to get a picture with himself and the dog when I get home. The dog is so sweet with kids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a sweet picture. I have a picture on my desktop so I see his face every time I turn the computer on.

Suzanne said...

What a dear pic.

Thank you so much for participating in our Adoption BlogPost Roundup. I've added you to the blogroll.

Suzanne said...

Just wanted to let you know that the Adoption BlogPost RoundUp round-up is up!