About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

WORK a 4 letter word!



I just finished a 12 hour shift. It is 1:30 in the morning. I just got home, poured a glass of red wine, and now am here, blogging while everyone is asleep upstairs. I work in a pediatric emergency room. I took care of 30 assorted kids tonight, ranging from the ridiculous to the acute illnesses. I worked 12 hours straight, no break, but I like my job, because they are flexible. ( Did I say how tired I am?) I have never, ever worked with a kinder more understandiing group of people. We are like one big slightly crazy family. We all know way to much about each other, but hey it makes for an interesting day. The work can get insane, dealing with parents can be trying. Most people just are plain nervous when it come to their kids health. It is our job to calm them down and let them know that their kid is ok. This can be easier said than done.
The photos here are of my daughter Claire (the mock sick kid), Me (not a mock nurse), and our dog Bailey (mock pet therapy dog.) Emily had a science project. She designed a pet therapy coat complete with age approporiate toys and activities for our dog to model. She got an A (very proud), and really did a great job. Bailey seemed to love this project mainly because he got so may treats.

No comments: