About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Saturday, May 12, 2007

Happy Mothers Day



These are the first pictures I saw of my two little ladies. They made me a mom, and made me complete. Without them I could not possibly be the person I am today. They have given me unconditional love. Rapture, pure and simple is what it feels like to have them call me mom. My heart is so blessed to have them in my life. I remember holding them as infants, like I was holding the most incredible treasure in the world, a shinning star, just walking down the street with them I felt like some sort of big deal. Like being their mom made me a celebrity.
I remember their first steps, words, first boo boos. When Emily was 10 months old I was sitting in Starbucks with her. She was having a bottle, I was enjoying a latte. Perfect contentment. All of a sudden she put her fat little baby arms around my neck, and started planting these sweet, wet, milky, baby kisses on my lips. She was holding on to me with all her might and kissing me with all the love in the world. What an incredible moment. I felt like I was the richest, most blessed person ever. The power of a child. She melted me.
Yesterday there was a flower sale at school. They have it every year for mother's day. My kids used their own money to buy me, and all their favorite women flowers. When they walk out of the door holding a giant shoe box full of small flowering plants, the look of pride in their eyes makes me weak. They were smiling from ear to ear and beaming! Claire is very small and the box she was holding weighed as much as her. She insisted on carrying it home because she was so proud of her gifts. It made me think...she is happy and proud to have me as a mom! Such little things, so simple, but so powerful. I love these two girls to a depth in my soul I cannot even measure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your girls are gorgeous! So are your baby's mouth, nose, and eyes (I'm sure the rest of him is just as perfect:). The "Email of the Day" post just cracked me up. Thanks for a good laugh! I'm adding you to my blogroll if that's ok.