About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Crib Weekend !

This was quite and action packed weeked here. On Saturday the girls went to the school fair. The highlight was the principal in the dunk tank! They each teamed up with a friend, we came home had a barbeque, and then went to go see Pirates of the Caribbean 3. The movie was okay, but to hear them talking about it was priceless. Even 3rd and 5th grade girls think Orlando Bloom is cute, I think he is hot. They enjoyed a sleep over, and were too cute in the morning. I just love it. At this age they still love you around, but don't always need you on top of them.

I'am so happy we did not move...Except I had this feeling that we had to find all the pieces to the crib, and assemble it today.

We had fun. This crib was the first for Emily, Claire, and my friends daughter Kate. It is 10 years old and beautiful.
We HAD to get it ready in case there is an emergency trip to Vietnam very soon! I hope.

My dear sweet husband is more than happy to go to babies r us to pick up the mattress. It was a little tricky for my impaired dyslexic self to put it together. Mirror images kill me. We put the bedding on, it is Vintage Firetruck, and the texture of the fabric is so soft, and luxurious. I bought it on sale last November. So it is very exciting to see it again.

The only problem is we have no extra room yet, and the crib goes in our 15 x 13 masterbedroom. We have no room for a changing table or extra dresser. I think I'l put my running gear and work uniforms in an under the bed box, and Dylan can have 2 drawers of mine.
We have some contractors coming in the next few weeks, and are looking forward to our atttic masterbedroom/bath addition. For now we will have a great view of a beautiful crib, that will soon be a great, comfy. loving spot for our little man Dylan. Now we need to keep the cats off because they think this whole crib thing is awesome, and of course for them, and is a great idea overall.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute stuff.

S. said...

I love the bedding! It is beautiful. I also got the nursery bedding a long time ago. How fun to set up the crib!

LaLa said...

Love that bedding...boy stuff can be fun these days. Oh, found you on Christina's blogroll...we have a daughter from China and are awaiting our girl from Vietnam.