About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Saturday, June 9, 2007

I was tagged!

Nicole tagged me, so I will try to write about myself. i tend to focus on the pets and kids, but I'll make it interesting.
so...

4 facts about me

1-I have a pathological fear of the dark. I go panic sticken crazy, and have a hard time functioning when there is a blackout and it is really dark. There are many reasons for this, but if there is ever a powerfailure... I warned you...I completely crumble.
2-I love being outside! I love to run in all kinds of weather, I love hiking and the mountains, and I love to sweat. When my kids were small I was always "mommy out of the house, kind of mommy". I worked overnight shifts and never slept to I'd pack then into the double jogger and off we'd go. We could walk for miles, I live near some fun towns with lots of coffee shops and playgrounds. We had so much fun. Sometimes I'd give them brown paper lunch bags, and we would go walking looking for side walk treasures. To see their fat little hands picking up stuff and proudly showing it to me was priceless.
3-I love kickboxing and when I hit the heavy bag I pretend it is someone I'm mad at. If you knew me you'd never think of me as angry, I'm always so nice. But I think I have this pissed off streak inside of me. I love to do this roundhouse kick...all this pent up anger and frustration, just goes out your legs.
4- I am in love with my husband and my kids, and my animals.

4 Habits I have

1 I have to the make the beds in a certain way, I think it is from nursing school. My ocd.
2 I overthink things, and am a real planner, but my planning is flexible. I have had some hard blows in life, so I alway have plan a, b, and so on.
3 I need a couple cups of coffe to function. I like a glass of rich oaky red wine at night.
4 I talk outloud to the dog throughout the day and night.

4 New things in the past 4 years

1- I was divorced.
2- I married again.
3- I lost our baby last year
4- The best is Vietnam- Our son Dylan is there waiting for us. I'm glad he is too young to know what is going on. His dad and sister and I are having a hard time waiting for his sweet little self. This is the best chapter so far, and we are desperate for his warm little body. I cannot wait to kiss his little hands and feet, and hold him close. I have a great feeling it will be soon.

I don't know how to add name links, but to all the bloggers I enjoy- consider yourself tagged!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You had a pretty intense last year. I am sorry for your loss but glad you found someone great to love.

I guess I wont be bringing you through the tactile dome in SF?

http://www.exploratorium.edu/visit/tactile_dome/index.html

S. said...

I am very sorry for your loss.
No mother should have to experience that heartbreak.

Can't wait to read about you being united with your precious son in Vietnam!