About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Nesting 101























One of the most nerve-wracking aspects of international adoption is waiting. First you wait for a homestudy, and all the million documents that go with it. Then you wait for ins appointments for fingerprints, then you wait for ins approval, then the dossier prepartion and the agony of the multi sealed superstamped documents. Then it goes to (in our case) Vietnam. Then you get this amazing picture (called a referral) of you child. THen more pictures, followed by so much more vast waiting. Days turn into months, and no one really knows how to deal with you. Including yourself.

The past week I have been powernesting. DH bought the carseat, along with season 2 of 90210. I picked up the dresser. Dylan is sharing a room with us for now, so we had one little nook. I went to Home Goods last Saturday and was overjoyed to find this piece that can one day go in his own room. What a deal at $129.oo! So of course I had to put all his cute little things in it immediately. Em and Claire picked out the safari outfit, and the plaid short and hat set at baby gap, on sale! I also picked up 2 suitcases at Marshalls for $59.oo each! Another great find. We decided to go with more Medium bags, the larger ones seemed to tempting to over pack! I am a shoe fiend and a chronic overpacker.

Maybe by all these good vibes I am feeling will bring some travel date news soon, every day that passes seems like forever. I remember waiting to get the girl's travel dates. After everything, the homestretch is the most grueling. Like a race, feet are aching, muscles spent, and you are tired beyond belief. But the ending is was matters, no matter the physical pain you are mentally proud of your endurance. I am keep telling myself this, but I am getting very, very tired of missing my son.

This week will be more nesting, and I just went wireless and was at war with 2 computers. Airport express is not expressly hooked up. They are up and running thanks to apple care, now I need to hook up the sharing, printers, and apple chat. Nothing is working, but I am another day closer to VIETNAM!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the furniture piece. It is quite nice. I need something narrow and tall.

Anonymous said...

Your little guy is absolutely beautiful! I hope the wait flies. Oh, and that "hand over the milk" onesie is hilarious!

Suzanne said...

"powernesting" I love that term.

Great pics!

If you would like to join in the June Adoption Blogpost Round-up (and I am hoping that you do), our theme this month is Attachment. For more information and to find Mr. Linky, please visit the Adoption BlogPost Round-up post at :: Adventures In Daily Living :: .

Best,

Suzanne

The 4 Moore's said...

I love the new picture, so adorable. And your new duds for him are adorable, he'll look very dashing in them!