About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Baby bootcamp and the miracle of the wooden crib









Well it seems I am not a spring chicken anymore. One 14ish pounder has put me to shame, This is why my posts are short and sweet. It is 1 am said baby is finally sleeping, I should be too, except for the jackhammer across the street. I think the operater of the #$@&%@!!! jackhammer should also be sleeping or slapped, but that is just my opinion.
More about Mr. D...He is not that big on sleeping that stuff is for the babies not him you know. I was not aware of this, silly me. He also is not a fan of pooping it seems. poor thing. He has been screaming bloody murder when ever he is not wrapped aroung your neck and jigged profoundly. Me not being a spring chicken can only do this for 12 hours straight, his father does not even come close to getting the movement right.
We thought he would hate the crib so we did not want one. We thought he would prefer the closeness of our love and warmth as opposed to a hard wooden crib. We, thank God were wrong, he sleeps, SLEEPS, as in Sleeps...in this crib, WHOHOO!!!
I need my friend and coworker Brian, to come here and give this kid an enema. He is so bound up, screaming in pain and straining, after 3 glycerine suppositories, a small rock hard ball was passed, there is more. Poor thing fell asleep pushing. The orphanage had him on 2 bowls a day of rice cerial, I will have to switch to fruit, He loves to taste his food, we gave him apples and blueberries tonight, hands and feet were going in appreciation, So much to love about thr kid. Jack hammer is on break, my turn to sleep. So exciting for me!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, Brian will be awaiting you at the airport, enema in hand! I love the pictures! Sleep? Who needs sleep? (says the two who would sleep til noon everyday if they were allowed)Hopefully he'll like the bouncer when he gets home and you'll get a break from jiggling. Miss you!
Love Keri & Brian

maryann said...

....he is SO cute--the pictures remind me of our china pics...keep them coming....love, maryann

christine said...

Hi Charisa,
The new pictures are amazing!!!!...I love reading your posts, you always crack me up!....New developments here in NJ, all good!...we will have a lot to talk about and enjoy when you return...Can not wait to meet the little man!
Love,
Christine

mam said...

Lucy liked the hotel crib too; even for naps she prefered that to the bed. Hope the magic crib's magic lasts a good long time!

And, LOVE those adorable plaid pants!

Catherine said...

What a beauty!! I am so glad he is officially part of your family...now you just ned to get back home to the girls!! Send me a picture of the caretaker when you get a chance..I would love to see if it was the same one Isabella had :)
Catherine