About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Friday, August 3, 2007

Greetings from Lake Placid

With our plans to be in Vietnam late July or early August foiled, I decided I was foolish placing our lives on hold for the unknown. So squeezing my 12 hour shifts to the beginning of 1 week and the end of the following I was able to manage 5 off in a row without taking any vacation time. We are very understaffed at work so this was a blessing. I will have to pay when I get home but...

So I packed up some bags and two great kids... off to our favorite spot in the world, Lake Placid. We come up 2-3 times, a year and just love it. We stay at this great hotel on Mirror Lake, nestled in the heart of the alpine-like village. Shopping, food, ice cream, movies, red wine for mommy, swimming, kayaking, and the most awe inspiring mountain trails ever! This is a girls only weekend, I have a chance to be with my favorite 2 people in the universe. I feel so blessed that they crave my company and fight over who gets to sleep with me! I feel like a celebrity.

Today we swam and went paddeling in the lake, ate, shopped and more swimming. Now we are all chillin, they are enjoying watching the Disney Channel. I think they could enjoy that 24/7, as long as food was delivered to their chairs. We all bought books, Claire is reading Children of the Lamp, Em is reading the the latest Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, and I am LOVING Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. Cannot put it down.

So everyone, I feel I am back to reality. This adoption is not an easy road, but as I look up and see these 2 amazing girls, I am speechless. For the grace of God we are a family, we belong to each other, love each other, no matter what. I watch them grow every day, nothing short of a miracle, a leap of faith that gave us each other. As the days go by I know sometimes I miss the big picture, I often miss the point, I take things for granted and live in my comfort zone. But I am only human, and for this moment I am just a mom who loves and cherishes her kids.




Claire is playing ring toss on Em's legs!


2 comments:

LaLa said...

What beautiful girls you have...we feel like our lives are on hold too and I don't like it. You are doing the right thing by just living your life with your girls until you go to VN..we should do the same. : )

Karen said...

I am also thinking of getting away soon! Like this week! I am so glad that you are enjoying your time with your girls!