About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A few days and counting...

Today is my last shift at work. I am beyond happy. I have decided to take off 12 weeks unpaid leave. The only hard part is the UNPAID!. There are no other options for adoptive parents. I also need a rest form taking care of other people. I think I have a tiny amount of career burn out (happens in nursing), so I plan to savor the time with my kids and new baby.

The house is chaos. I have a mound of stuff on the dinning room table that has to somehow make it into 3 medium and 1 small suitcase. Also I think I need to go and get some more tee shirts as I have been told to cover up the armpits (I love the sleeveless look!).

We brought craft items for the older kids in the orphanage, and gifts for the care takers and local officials. I also made a photo book of us to give to the birthmom. We have sponsored a 12 year old boy so we got him some stuff as well. I think I am going to have a hard time being away from my girls for 3 weeks. My youngest is stressing a bit, and I will need to spend every last minute here with them but...they just want to watch TV!!!

3 comments:

Bobby said...

Now I feel better about the way our house look! One and 1/2 days of work for me then I'm off to VN too! Looking foward to meeting you guys!

Sandra's Husband

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys.. I can't wait till I get to hold Dylan in my arms too...

I love you and am praying for you to have a great trip

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Oh well, at least you made it to your career before the actual burned out part set in...that's more than I can say!
Have an awesome trip. I think it's great that you can have so much time with your kids away from work when you get home, but I hear ya with the unpaid part being painful!
Take care and safe travels!