About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Packin the Bags!!



Well... WE ARE GOING TO VIETNAM!!!!!!

I mean it we have the tickets and everything! We are leaving on Sat Aug 25th, after a refreshing 18 hours of pure in flight joy we will be landing in Bangkok, then another 2 hours to Hanoi. We will arrive at 8pm, and get himself on Monday the 27th. This seems surreal, like something I would read on on other people's blogs. I really am amazed. How could I be so lucky?

Of course now I am wondering what I am going to do with myself on a flight that long. Most people would fret about scary things, but I worry about being bored, no leg room, no exercise, backaches, nothing to do, I am such a child and need to grow up. Anyone who knows me know I suffer from adult ADHD. I am a nut and a half!!

All kidding aside I am thankful to have the luxury of a 10 day notice. I have so much to do and cannot wait to savor every minute of it. Nicole, Karen and Erika I cannot wait to hug you all! Karey and Sandi I am blessed to have you to travel with, Such amazing people, for such an incredible experience.

Shirley-your 3am prayer group works miracles. You knew I needed a lift, a confirmation. Praise God, he is giving me the greatest gift. I will get my butt to church this Sunday!

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I am so happy for you!!! I have been praying for you myself...such a long wait you have been through. Have a safe and wonderful journey. I hope we get our travel call soon...but we certainly have not been waiting as long as you have. I look forward to seeing updates on your blog. Good luck!!!1
Ruth

mam said...

Yippee! Can't wait to hear about your travels and reunion with your boy. Re: the airplane, do you have an iPod, and know about Audible.com? Those recorded books are my lifesaver on flights.

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 said...

Reality has surfaced! Yea! I am so happy you're traveling so soon. We'll be following you through the blog the whole way! Keep in touch.
Patty-Waiting for Cupcake in Lang Son

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to follow you guys there (you'll be blogging, right?!). Have a safe and WONDERFUL time in Vietnam!

Della Rose said...

What a wonderful site!! Am soooo happy for you - finally time to go! Will be waiting impatiently to see updates, pictures and you in person when you get back. Safe journey, beautiful journey
hugs
Della

Della Rose said...
This comment has been removed by the author.