About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Back to waiting, we are home!







Well, we came home yesterday. I wish we had more time. The girls always seem to bicker and fight. I guess that is normal for sisters. I am an only child so it upsets me. I came home to a very wound up dog! He ran around like a crazy animal he was so happy to see us he could not settle. He is my constant companion and we always take him with us, but the hotel had no pet rooms available.

So, we get home and my big lumbering maniac (not my husband) dog lacerates his paw in the yard, bleeds all over the kitchen floor, 70 pounds of frantic muscle pumping blood everywhere. The other calm dog decides to help by lapping up the blood on the floor, while the kids are now stepping and tracking blood everywhere as well. Four of us work hard to clean, dress, and apply a pressure dressing to the paw. It was not easy. Poor Mr. Frantic (the dog), kept me up all night, sniffing, and cuddling with me. Husband had to sleep on the couch because the dog could not get close enough to me. I guess weims really do get serious separation anxiety. The paw seems to be okay this morning.

The mini break also gave me practice to blog away from home. We also were able to use I chat. This is apple's way to video conference by computer. Very cool, and worked very well. After seeing myself in the picture I now really hate my hair. WHat was I thinking???? I need my ponytail back!!!

On the adoption front...I heard from the AGENCY and the news is still not what I wanted to hear. I looks like maybe we might go the Vietnam around Aug 27th. Which will most likely get pushed back a few more weeks! I am crushed. We pushed our real vacation plans back to Aug 24th, because the Aug 17th plans were cutting it too close. So I lost the original time off from work, will loose this slot, and our 3rd back up of Sept 14th will most likely be cancelled as well. I don't care about myself, but I wanted the kids to have some fun. Plus they are starting school! This feels like a merry go round. We go no where, just a lot of up and down. The AGENCY also needs more documents fom me, at this point we are just done. So much for the 8-12 weeks estimate we were told almost 14 weeks ago. I guess I just have to realize I am powerless, and have no control, and just need to breathe, and drink red wine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say you keep your hair at this length.

Nancy @ Ordinary Miracles & The Crazy 10 said...

What beautiful girls you have! And what a lucky mommy. The 24th is just around the corner, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
Patty-a Lang Son PAP too