About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

We Are Here!

26 hours from door to door and we are in here in Vietnam. Niclole and Karen were waiting for us at the hotel, It was like meeting long lost family. They took us to our room, it is clean and large with the most beautiful patio. We then met Kari and her husband, everyone is so nice. I fell like I could talk to them all night,

The trip was uneventful expect for a few little issues.
1=The car driver in NJ to NYC airport was a trainwreck. He smelled so bad like BO, and when he put the ac on, he blew his stink on me! It was like a Seinfield Eplisode. But then it gets so much better. He was FALLINg ASLEEP AT the WHEEL. OMG!!!Like in we are in the highway, he is going 75mph and we are feeling like we may die. Nodding off he nearly clips the center divider. we are in the back like Hey buddie. WTF!. I was mentally going over the fact that we were in this heavy duty ford expitition like the kind I think our governor was in, and making a note that the ones in that accident who were wearing their seatbelts lived! Even if we cashed we had 4 hours to fly! As long as I don't end up getting rolled near the driver and he gets his stink on me!
The 18 hour fight was tolerable due to an amazing amout of leg room and lots of good food
.
2 At a security check point in Bankok The Official picked up Chris's insulin syringes and smiling said"Yes I take OK"?
we say no you can't take no way, she still smiling says 'no needle I take, sorry!" Us ,not smiling say that Chris is a diabetic and will die, whip out our note, and are told to sit. WE sit and wait then we go the the plane with the needles. On the plane the bus driver and ramp operater comes to our seat and asks to look at 2 needles. THe pilot wants to see. Needles are shown to the pilot and returned. Everyone is happy, everyone is smiling.

We get the babies tomorrow and I cannot wait. I am on the balcony, the sun is coming up, the horns are honking, I hear roosters crowing in the apartment across from me. So wonderful, one day closer and 9000 miles nearer to my little man.

2 comments:

LaLa said...

So happy for you...do tell, what hotel are you in. Sounds lovely.

Anonymous said...

Sending you all my love, prayers and thoughts... I am so excited for you to be able to hold your little man.... It finally happen... and he is yours..

Love you Guys

Jennifer