About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Goin' to the zoo, zoo...zoo?









Well I must say the zoo was interesting? PETA would probably arrest us for even thinling about going there much less paying 25 cents each to go there. We had a great day never the less

We started our day at the temple of literature, Very old around the year 10,800. A structure dedicated to learned men, scholars. Over 300,000 of them. Their names carved in stone tablets with turtles at the base. A very beautiful place. We then decided to take our son to the zoo. A zoo in a developing country. We were curious. The people were so nice to us and very curious about us. We were the only non Vietnamese there. Set in a large park with a lake. We skipped the feathered friends, bird flu on our minds. We walked on to see many monkeys and apes. All of them were in clean cages, holding their young. The children jumped the fences and were hand feeding the monkeys. Apparently the monkeys re quite tame and used to junk food! There were may rats frolicing about the grass, kinda like our squirrels at home, but many more!

The lion was very sad as were the elephants. Pacing, thin, and very stressed. Looking sickly and I had to walk away. The animals were clean, but I had to walk away esp from the elephants. The scooters were ever present, driving through the zoo as well. the area was slighly decripit but we never felt unsafe. As I said the people here are very friendly. If you smile at them, when they are sizing you up, they warmly smile back. They really love kids, esp babies. They are very family centered.

Our hotel now has the discoery channel only. We now are experts on survival, hauntings, death defying acts, and the general business of human fortitude, Of course we now have Austrailian accents, much like Bear Grylles from Man vs Wild. We narrate everything we do like we are on a survival show. Thank God we are married because any outsider would HATE being around us. We never get tired of the same joke!

Dylan is so sweet we love him more everyday. He had a coughing fit after his 8 ounce bottle, he vomited the entire feeding from his mouth and nose. Poor dear. He then is fine, lungs are clear. I am sure he will wake up soon starving. Tomorrow the babies go to the SOS clinic to get approval for their travel. We get their Vietnamese passports, and are still waiting for the US embassy approval. Chris is leaving in less than 48 hours. What am I going to do? I will miss him, he really is my best friend and a terrific father. I am going to try to get a flight as soon as I can. The only problem is the flights arrive during morning rush hour in NYC. I don't want to harrass any friends to pick us up, so I may stay until I can arrive on Sat, or surprise everyone and take the train home from the airport. We will see. Too much to think about. Enjoy the pictures...

6 comments:

Catherine said...

That is one visit we didn't do! I am not kidding when I say this but Dylan looks alot like Chris:) Hang in there-you will be home very soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree Dylan and Chris do look a like.. something in the hair and face.... Chris have you been oversees lately? Say about 15 months ago?? Just kidding.....

The zoo looked freaky but you guys look great.. I loved talking to you on the phone you sound happy.. Just the way I like you..

Love you guys

christine said...

Hey guys,
You guys look awesome!..Can not wait for you to come home :)
...Dylan is such a little toot!!!
take care!
Christine
Ps I love reading your blog...My mom had been reading along too..

Anonymous said...

Charissa, he's precious!! Your family is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Lovely little zoo. You seem to be having a great time. Poor Chris! It is hard to leave your son.

Have fun darling and come home soon!

keri said...

Charisa - don't be ridiculous! I would absolutely drive anywhere in rush hour traffic to pick you guys up! Especially if it means you can get home sooner! Once everything is together there please get whatever flight you can and we will get you home!
PS He is adorable... and I am definitley taking that poor child to a real zoo when you get home!