About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Monday, September 3, 2007

Great day, great company!








Our entire group rented a van and went to a local silk factory village. We were all itching to get out. The village was about 35 minutes outside of the city, and really interesting. Winding alley ways, with scattered shops. We walked around and were fascinated by glimpses into peoples lives. Ever present were the scooters, tooting away, on your back. It is amazing how people make due with so little. Families crammed into 2 small rooms, very sad people begging for money. It breaks my heart to see how unfortunate some people are. I am humbled by my good fortune and wonderful life, in the face of such poverity and desolation. I wish I could do more, give more, and often wonder, what happened that they are so unfortunate and I am so blessed. Life can be so cruel.

After we shopped we all went back to the hotel where we had some coffee, and a beverage. Then all walked out for a great meal. The babies are all thriving. Dylan was rejected by Lily (she is an older girl of 7 months)! They started out holding hands, then she got mad at him and gummed his hand! He just looked so hurt! THe little lip went down and he started to cry. I think I have a sensitive man here. I guess he needs to learn his place early with his house at home full of women. Poor guy! God I love this little man.

He woke up happy today and talked to his hands for about 30 mintues, then he sang to my knee, then he gave lots of kisses and hugs. At this point I have melted and will do anything he wants. He loves to look at books and talks to books too! He love to touch the mastercard sign at the hotel door. If you say "touch the sign" he will! Pure genious. He also had a poop for me while I was singing him Stairway to Heaven. Led Zepplin moves me too! Not exactly in that way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You Crack me up so much.. I check your blog several times a day trying to see what is going on and to get a glimpse into little sirs life. He is so gorgeous.. and I thik he will learn his place fast in your house.. He will instantly become KING to Little Miss Clare and Emily... and he for sure will have them wrapped... Not so sure about Mister Baily Dog getting dethrowned but.. he will have to adjust

I am so bummed I missed your phone calls.. UGGG I had no idea it was you on the phone or I would have for sure not missed the call.

I love you guys... I wish so much I could have gone with you for the last week of the trip... but I am there in my heart.. Glad I am not smelling the horrible fumes from the motor bikes...

Praying of the rest of your trip to be smooth..

Love
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun day. Your son is getting cuter by the minute. I miss you already.