About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Friday, September 14, 2007

To the moon and back...HOME!

>
Claire's new duds

Feeding baby brother

We decided Dylan needed a snuggle toy, we call them woobies, so he got two, one for each cheek. Thanks Aunt Jen for my Bumpo!
alt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5109984452498397346" />
Scary tired mom and her Mr America
Our good friend Judy
>
Uncle Chris that "airport guy"

Auntie Jen

Dylans new passport and Citizenship!


I had a 2 hour window on Wednesday to get a flight home. Visas in hand at 4pm. cab to airport 5:30pm, then to Bangkok then to JFK, NY, and 26 hours later we landed on American soil! I only had time to send out emails to let everyone I would be home.
Chris my husband had to work so my buddy Chris D picked my sorry self and sweet happy kid up at the airport. My awesome friend and Dylans godmom was waiting at the house with the girls. I was happy inside to my core. Thes looked so sweet so beautiful, I love them with a pang in my heart. To see them with their brother was an answer to our prayers.
We rested, hung out, I took a fabulous shower, kiled the chin hair, while everyone played with Dylan. I took him to work where my friend Arnie checked him out and gave him a clean bill of health. We then went to babies are us where Jen spoled him some more. She bought him a bumpo seat and tray, a rear view mirror and lots of other cool stuff. Thank you Jenn, we love you.
Daddy was home at 6. THe good news is he has his son, and we re all fine, but sadly the home mortgage market sucks and he was just laid off today! What a day! HE left VN early to come back to work, go figure!
So in a nutshell that was our day. I kept the phone off because I really wanted to keep it low key, so I am sorry I didn't call everyone. I still feel like a 400 year old zombie. My back is screaming from carrying all the stuff and the cute kid. It is now 4am we have been up for 2 hours, had a meal, played and now here we still are! Bailey is curled up with us, I love that dog (who REALLY needs a bath).
Now life begins for real. Watching NY come into view from the airline window, I was telling Dylan about his family. "Dylan this is where we live. Today you are going to meet your sisters for the first time. They are going to love you and hold you and play with you all the time. Even when mommy is tired. They are never too busy to play, never bored of playing peekaboo. and can read the same bok over and over again. Their hearts are full of love..." This is when I became choked up, because I remember bringing each of them home. The story is always the same. Some of the charactors have changed. I know that I helped put the love in their hearts simply by loving them! This child completes our family gives us joy, has brought us all closer together. To watch the girls play with him marveling at every coo and smile brings their childhood flashing back to me. All the soft warm baby kisses, all sweetness and innocence...it all comes back. These kids are a product of their parents love for them, and they will pass it on. Emily, Claire and Dylan, mommy loves you, and always will, to the moom and back.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we have you both back home! I am glad you made it home safe and sound. You were missed.

Karen said...

YEA! I am so glad that you are home safely! The girls look so happy and Dylan looks great! Congratulations!!! Now get some more sleep! We all finally made it home!

Leslie & Shaune said...

glad you are home safe and sound. your son is beautiful! congratulations.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home.... I am so thrilled I got to be there with you yesterday, what a fun day it was... Clare and Emily make amazing big sisters and you did so good with all three of them.. I am so proud of you..

Love you and my new little man,

Love Proud Auntie Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Glad you are home safe with your son. Thank you for sharing your blog with us!! Your family is Beautiful.

Kris
WC group

Michelle and Peter said...

Welcome home. Glad you made it home safely. Looks like your girls are being a big help. He is so cute.

Michelle

mam said...

What a great post; your love is so clear and strong. I'm happy you're all home together. Sorry about Chris's day, though.

Mary said...

Welcome home! Congratulations! Get some sleep. I loved following your blog.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are all safe, enjoy every moment! Even the tired ones are special in their own way!

Carissa said...

How wonderful to have your whole family together again!

S. said...

CONGRATS! Beautiful pics, he is just too cute in that bumbo seat! and his sisters are beautiful too!