About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's the simple things in life


Today we found coffee that you can get "to go". We were in heaven. Kari and I got a cappucino and a latte to go at this little place called Little Hanoi. The conainers were the kind that Dunkin donuts gives for cold drinks, but we did not care. To walk arround with a coffee was pure heaven, no matter that it was burning our hands.
I picked a teeshirt from the drawer that was clean soft and fresh, smelled like home. Made me happy. Made me pine for my washer and dryer. Dylan only likes 2 nipples. I wash those nipples to death, I love my dishwasher and local target store, where everything you need is just and easy scooter free drive to fulfill you every whim. Heck... I even miss Comcast and my car payments. I even miss shoprite on crazy crowed weekend before a major holiday...can I say it, I still don't miss work! Not the company, just the 12 hour shifts, when I miss going to work over being in Hanoi, you know it is bad.
I have scabies , yuck, I creamed myself up and tomorrow will boil my clothes (I still don't miss work). I have just a bubble on my knuckle, but I feel nasty and supercharged itchy. I may feel yucky for the rest of my life. Claire and I survived head lice so I guess a little bubble of scabies can be dealt with.
All in all The kid is worth everything. He is a gift from God that I cherish and am truely thankful for. I am blessed!
Now when you say I would cross a crowed street in Hanoi for you, it has a whole new meaning.

Tis is Dylans buddy Eylia. They are the same age. Dyaln stole the food!



Peek a boo!

Eylia shoping with cash in hand!

5 comments:

mam said...

So glad you found a little bit of home in Hanoi, and coffee to go...the one thing I must say I miss from Vietnam is Highlands coffeeshops -- better than Starbucks, in my book. Can you bring me a slice of that passionfruit cheesecake in your luggage?

Anonymous said...

I will not be kissing you this month.

Anonymous said...

Yippie for to go coffee.. I can't believe how big The Little SIr is compared to that other kid his age...

Come home now !!!I miss you so much...

Jennifer

Karey said...

SO very sweet...I love the photo of him sleeping. Puts a smile on my face :)

The 4 Moore's said...

Just so great to see you guys all together. He looks just beautiful, so healthy and happy, we are thrilled for all of you. And what a wonderful job you are doing posting.