About Me

Mother to 2 sweet girls who were born in China. and a very happy little baby boy from Vietnam. Wife to a loving husband Chris. Also mom to dogs, cats, and birds. I am a very tired pediatric ER nurse.

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

He's as sweet as tupelo honey...


What is everyone looking at?


Bailey helping to clean the baby!


Making dinner tonight my favorite Van Morrrison song came on. I scooped up my little man and we had our first slow dance in the kitchen. I was choked up because I remember dancing with my girls to this tune when they were babies. Claire was always "My Brown Eyed Girl", Em was my Tupelo Honey Girl. Life is such a sweet circle and I feel so incredibly joyous to be able to raise one more child. As I started to sing, Emily told Dylan, "Welcome to the crazy house, she dances too!"
Oh well, he is young enough.
Other observations today:
- As I was running to change the 4th major poopy diaper I stepped in dog vomit with bare feet, through my toes!
-One of the kids has atomic poops that clog up the toilet and have to be manually removed. Happened today as well. Lucky me!
-Someone has a book report due in 2 days and has 100 pages more to read. I almost encouraged lying to the teacher, but caught myself.
-Chris went to a job interview at 9am to find out it is for NEXT tuesday.
-My 100 dollar coffee pot exploded over the weekend.
But who cares because I have the cutest little boy in the world, who I love to hold and kiss. Did you check ou the thighs?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What amazing pictures! He is too cute!

Chandra said...

It's great you keep such a positive attitude, even through dog vomit!

He is a beautiful baby.

Anonymous said...

Ah, our kids like the same crazy, noisy, over-stimulating toys. Cool.

mam said...

Those thighs are RIDICULOUSLY cute. I want to reach through the computer and squeeze them.

Bobby said...

Man, make me feel better about my own little world! But you are right. With all the mayhem when you look into those little eyes it makes it all worth it!

"M2" said...

He is quite the cutie
does he laugh when you squeeze those little thighs?

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are able to see past the crazy parts of the day to see that nothing is more important then having a dance with your baby...

Love and Miss you

Jennifer

S. said...

OK, the dog vomit toe thing is just making me squirm...

but your boy is precious! I want to squeeze him too!

Della Rose said...

Life is certainly worth singing about isnt' it?? I feel your joy through the computer and am bursting with happiness for the whole family. C - I am honored to be able to share in your circle of joy. So glad I met you (even though through work - smiling) and your family vicariously through you. What a treat!!